Ledigt jobb: Research Officer på CES22 december 2011 Karriär
The Centre for European Studies – the political foundation/think-tank of the European
People’s Party (EPP, the largest European-level political party of the centre-right), is
implementing its activities on a wide range of policy-oriented, EU-related issues. The
Centre for European Studies is looking for an experienced, dynamic, motivated and
innovative individual with academic credentials to fill the full time position of Research
Officer, based in Brussels.
Established under the EU Regulation (EC) No 1524/2007 of the European Parliament
and of the Council on the regulations governing political parties at European level and
the rules regarding their funding, the CES offers the unique opportunity of being part of
a new and energetic team which will lay the groundwork for the organisation’s ambitious
plan of action.
– Assisting in planning, developing, co-ordinating and managing the research
programme and studies of the Centre;
– Contributing in development of the academic policy journal of the Centre,
– Participating in follow-up of the progress and the quality of the research and
studies in accordance with the highest academic standards;
– Participating in the development of a peer-review procedure related to each
major research project;
– Assisting in building relations and enhancing the standing of the Centre within the
academic and research community;
– Assisting in planning and structuring future research projects as well as the
Centre’s inhouse research projects;
– Complementing the outsourced research, and further developing the research
activities of the Centre;
– Active involvement and participation in research projects and the communication
of their results;
– Participating in developing the network of external research associates of the
– Compiling databases and collecting relevant publications and studies from all
areas of European politics;
– Monitoring European political developments and summarizing and analyzing
data, relevant publications and studies for further use in research.
– University degree in political science, social sciences, law, economics or related
– Several years of professional experience in academic research, in a think tank or
a comparable institution;
– Post-graduate level fluency in English, with proven writing skills; knowledge of
additional languages is welcome;
– Excellent analytical as well as organizational skills;
– Good knowledge of European and international politics and familiarity with the
history and the tradition of the Christian Democrat, Conservative and like-minded
political parties of the EPP family;
– Expertise on foreign- and security policy topics considered an asset;
– Committed and flexible team player, able to work in a multi-national environment.
Submission of application:
Applicants should forward a detailed CV and a cover letter by e-mail at
email@example.com to the attention of Tomi Huhtanen, CES Director, at latest
16 January 2012. When applying, please mention in the subject-line of the email
message “Research Officer”.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.